Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Fort, Snow Man, Snow Mountain

We have  had quite a bit of snow here.  Snow on top of snow, and then even more snow. This picture  was taken after the first or second snow.

This one was after the third snow.  It's starting to pile up.

Mr. Garden and my son went out to shovel the walks and decided to build a snow fort!  
The recycling bin makes a great snow-brick form.
 (Family photos may not be borrowed or pinned.)

Hauling another brick over to the the building site.
 (Family photos may not be borrowed or pinned.)

That wall is looking pretty good!
 (Family photos may not be borrowed or pinned.)

Making sure it's good and solid.  They had a great snowball fight after they were finished.
 (Family photos may not be borrowed or pinned.)

Then they shoveled the drive and walk for our neighbors across the street.  The Mrs. was so happy she baked them an apple pie!  That was the nicest thing ever!   It was yummy. (They shared with me.)

Son also built a snow man.  He came running inside to get a carrot for it's nose.  But all I had in the refrigerator were baby carrots.   Oops!  Moms should know to put regular sized carrots on the grocery list when the weather-man forecasts snow.  (It looks like I'm not going to win "Mother-Of-The-Year" this year either.)

The snow fort is still out there.  Next to the the snow mountain. (where we keep piling up the snow we shovel off the driveway. It's almost as tall as me.)  It  snowed more the day after the snow fort was built.  And tiny little flurries today too.  It just keeps coming down.  I heard it may warm all the way up to 30 on Sunday.  If it gets that warm I may need to put on my bathing suit!

4 comments:

  1. If it gets to 30 and you put on a bathing suit, I dare you to take pictures!!! We've had snow almost every day too, just enough to be a nuisance and have to shovel. This morning there was enough for the snow blower. There saying warmer here next week...maybe even closer to the freezing point. Say, I may have to get my bathing suit out too! Stay warm and keep smilin'...
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had really cold weather here too and we even got snow before Christmas, which is very rare. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your guys sure have had fun playing in the snow. I'm a wimp, I stay inside and look at it and cook!!! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No bathing suit for me here when we get to 30 degrees. But we are with you snow on top of snow.
    They said on the weather that we've had 23 inches already mor than we normally get in one winter!

    Enjoy the day and stay warm.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job making lemonade from lemons or snow stuff from all the snow, lol!! I look hopeful for the warming trend were supposed to get this next week....all the way up to 35°F. Stay warm!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for your thoughtful comments. Replies to your questions will be posted here, so be sure to check back soon. Have a wonderful day! - Gayle, Garden Of Daisies